Lookie! July 22, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, contests, reviews and reviewing.
add a comment
Hey, guys! I have a contest thing to help me decide what movie I should review at Butterfly Forest. There is more info over there, so I suggest you check it out! I’m choosing next week, and I will not be taking any more entries after July 28, 2009, 11:59:59 PST. Hurry and enter!
Also, I will, again, be gone this weekend to camp. Au revoir!
edit: Also, take the poll below! I’m sort of wondering whether this was a good idea (I know, I sound so wishy-washy), so please choose one of the radio buttons and submit!
Overpromise and Underdeliver July 18, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, books, reviews and reviewing, school and other academic stuff, survey, writings, yearbook.
add a comment
I feel like I’m doing just that as far as blogging goes, especially since I’ve been so busy with class. I’ve been doing homework, studying, reading, tweeting…those are the MAIN things that I do.
I’m going to yearbook camp next weekend, but I may have Internet access daily there and may still be able to tweet. As far as blogging goes…well, it’ll be a little “sporadic”. 😛 Not that that’s uncommon, as most of you know, but I won’t even be trying to post weekly. I’m hoping to post at least three times a month until class slows, I get APUSH done, and my schedule isn’t so hectic and busy. That won’t be until probably the last week or two of August.
In the meantime, in between homework, studying, reading, and tweeting, I’m going to do some major blog maintenance (now that, I have been doing 🙂 , though it’s been pretty unnoticeable; it’s not anything dramatic, but I’ve been starting a different tag system, since tags have been bugging me for a bit now), writing stuff, making Survey Monkey surveys, and…
I’m going to ask you guys a favor.
This: speaking of surveys, what do you think I can improve while I “maintain” my blogs?
Okay. If you don’t want to answer that (and it’s perfectly fine if you don’t), is anyone here interested in doing a guest blog either on here or on Butterfly Forest? And if you’re thinking, “But Butterfly Forest is like…dead,” I must contradict you. I’m planning (and this, I also am not overpromising) on trying to expand my blog so that I don’t get “occasional” readers.
Speaking of which, stop on over at Butterfly Forest. I’m putting up some new posts, and they’re like update thingies. Quite fun, I must say, and decreases the massive space in between reviews. 😛
Blogging Hybernation…and Other News June 14, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, books, friends, holidays, music, reviews and reviewing, school and other academic stuff, writings, yearbook.
Tags: Harry Potter, inside jokes, Netflix
As much as I’d very much like to go right back into my blogging mojo, I just can’t. My conscience (which, you may care to know, is named Hermione Granger) is telling me that I have five finals coming up next week and I better get cracking on four of them. So I must undergo a blogging hybernation, but I would love to blog more than once a week. *glares angrily at Hermione* But I shall be back on Friday.
Actually, scratch that. I will, but I won’t. I’m going to private this blog–as well as Butterfly Forest–for some major blog maintenance (or at least, I hope to do so). Don’t freak out (like don’t think I’m blocking off my blog to the world or something, ha), just keep coming back and checking. When they do reopen, I should have several new sections, no new layout (because I love this layout; the header picture just totally fits in with the quote up top), but two new posts on here (one will be privated, the other will be explaining why it is privated) and a new review (with another following) on Butterfly Forest.
And then…SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I just canNOT wait for that horrible, ear-tearing beautiful bell to ring at last (though it will be, I must admit, bittersweet). I already have a to-do list, and since this is my little corner of the net to ramble, I shall lay out my to-do list right here, right now.
- Blog maintenance (as just stated)
- Karoke (because I haven’t used my karoke machine in over a year now 😛 😦 )
- Write a TON of reviews
- Read the thirty-nine books that I’ve kept for years now and that have been patiently waiting on my shelf
- E-mail everyone I meant to e-mail (I’m so, so, so, so, so sorry to everyone who has been e-mailing me, but Hermione someone has been banning me from doing so)
- E-mail my portfolio project to everyone who helped (because, as I have previously stated in other posts, you all ROCK!!!!!!)
- Call all of my friends (and probably end up talking for hours on end) and finish up a video with animeactress (girly, we need to talk!! 😀 )
- After June 30, take a trip to the bookstore to “restock”, and try to figure out how to snag amazing ARCs (and if I don’t like them…well, maybe I will give them away on Goodreads or hold contests over at Butterfly Forest for anyone who wants them, haha)
- Netflix for the whole summer (w00t! w00t! My family and I NEED to finish I Dream of Jeannie!!)
- Figure out how to get to interview authors
- Manage my Goodreads to-read list
- Edit my stories so that they are at least somewhat presentable to all my friends who requested copies of them
- Make my “Portable Mini-Quote Wall” where I include inside jokes, quotes, and conversations from LRRH, Twitter, yearbook, and other random places (I will need your help on this one)
- Figure out more books I want to-read
- Do some amazingly cool picture editing stuff like what Delaney is PRO at
- Add lyrics to my iTunes library (because that would be AMAZING to have the lyrics to some of my songs on my iPod)
- Get back on the treadmill and bike over the weekends, since I am officially not sick anymore
- YEARBOOK CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀
So, as you can see, I will have an amazing summer. As long as these (see below) don’t spoil it.
- SAT Prep camp (which is three times a week, about five hours each session *already feels worn out*)
- Trig/PreCal tutoring
- Driver’s ed
- APUSH summer assignment of five chapters (which, thankfully, I’ve already read, back a few months ago) all HAND-WRITTEN 😮
Hm. I’m quite convinced there was more than that. Oh well. I’d like to think that’s all there is, when there is a whole bunch more fun stuff I will be doing this summer.
But first things first. Finals. Better get back to studying for them now. What finals are you all (or did you all, for those of you whose summer vacation already began, and phoo on you for your summer starting beforehand *is jealous*) take this year? Wish me luck! 😀
P.S. I know I said I would leave, but I just had to do this now. Reviewer X is having this fantastic giveaway of Lisa Mantchev’s debut novel, Eyes Like Stars. She just made a “Pub Story” about Lisa here, but you can enter in the fun here. Good luck! 😀
Blogged out? July 12, 2008Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, miscellaneous, reviews and reviewing.
Maybe. I’m not so sure why, but I’m just not into blogging–and at times even going on LRRH–as of late. So just to let you all know that BBT is definitely going to be slowing down. It’s just that there’s not much to talk about, and, like I said before, a lot of the stuff I say is “blah blah blah”, “yada yada”–things not fit for classy readers like yourselves.
As for B1000….well, I shall try to post more on that this wkend, and for those of you who asked to be invited (Faith, Verity, Anilee, spider), I have sent all of you an invite. It’s never too late to ask to be invited, so you can still contact me (or leave a comment). Thanks to all who asked to be invited. 😀
BF? I’m still working on the album review, and…well, I just have to finish it. Sorry for another long wait, you guys.
Oh yes, and LRRH? I’ll still be going on, but I’m going to slow my visits. You know how often I used to go on before? Like 30-40 some times! Today? I only felt like going on once–I caught up with everything, and that was that. I’m still going to be responding to PMs and such that, but I just won’t go on LRRH so much.
L♥ts of L♥ve,
At Last!!! June 18, 2008Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, reviews and reviewing.
add a comment
I have done it! I am actually 100% fully satisfied with my review blog, which is new and improved! Woohoo! You can find it here: http://bookbutterflyangel.wordpress.com/. Me love it! How do y’all like it? Does it have any “potential” you think? How’s the template? what about the poem up top?
On a last note, we got our first Netflix movies of the summer today! We got Miss Potter, Becoming Jane, and No Reservations!! w00t! w00t! I’m having a very good wk. *mrgreen here*