Praise Be! June 18, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, books, friends, holidays, movies, school and other academic stuff.
Summer is here.
Did I just say that?
Summer is here.
This year has been…amazing. Wonderful. Last year left a lot of loose threads. But sophomore year has really tied them together, brought them around into full circuit, making me feel…whole again. It’s given me the opportunity to heal.
So. I shall give a full-blown break-down of every single thing that happened this year (it will be called “My Sophomore Year in a [Real] High School in Review”) tomorrow (if I have the time; I’m going to see Up in three-d tomorrow, and am I PSYCHED!!), BUT that’s the post I said I would private. And this is the post I said would explain why it’s privated. Reason being is that there might be a handful of ridiculous stuff I don’t want read by some schmoe, as well as…well, yes. Maybe a tad bit of boasting. I don’t brag often, but I will be listing awesome stuff. Like accomplishments that I’m proud of. If you want to be “in the know”, the post will have the same password as the other password-protected posts, so no surprise there. If you don’t know the password, e-mail me. Or if you’d rather not hear read me drone on and on about me, me, me (because I really, really, really hate doing that. I’ll refrain from sounding egocentric, I promise), you can chat with me about it.
Again, this summer will be filled with MANY things I’ll be doing. One being maintaining this blog, and POSSIBLY privating it to add some stuff in the meantime.
I shall be doing some (more) literary stuff though. I’m halfway through Enna Burning at the moment, and have thirty-eight more books to read before the month is out (eep!). So I shall read, or maybe do some Goodreads-ing.
Today, I plan to convince my father once and for all to set up a Facebook so he can deem it safe and I can get one myself. Then later I plan to record myself singing AND guitar-playing MY OWN SONG. Cripes. I may do other things. Technically, my summer vacation (if “summer vacation” is defined as a time during the summer when you can do whatever you want) lasts for only three days: tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. And then it’s done. *weep*
Man. It’s almost seven o’clock. That means the seniors at my school will be graduating in five minutes. *sniffle* I’m not worried for my senior friends, I know they’re going to successful young adults. It’s just that it’s going to be really sad not seeing them around anymore. Now I’m not so happy as I was when I began writing this post. There is something quite bittersweet about the last day of school. Of course, I skipped a whole year of a proper last-day-of-school-sending-off. But that’s a whole ‘nother story. No need to get into that.
Blogging Hybernation…and Other News June 14, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, books, friends, holidays, music, reviews and reviewing, school and other academic stuff, writings, yearbook.
Tags: Harry Potter, inside jokes, Netflix
As much as I’d very much like to go right back into my blogging mojo, I just can’t. My conscience (which, you may care to know, is named Hermione Granger) is telling me that I have five finals coming up next week and I better get cracking on four of them. So I must undergo a blogging hybernation, but I would love to blog more than once a week. *glares angrily at Hermione* But I shall be back on Friday.
Actually, scratch that. I will, but I won’t. I’m going to private this blog–as well as Butterfly Forest–for some major blog maintenance (or at least, I hope to do so). Don’t freak out (like don’t think I’m blocking off my blog to the world or something, ha), just keep coming back and checking. When they do reopen, I should have several new sections, no new layout (because I love this layout; the header picture just totally fits in with the quote up top), but two new posts on here (one will be privated, the other will be explaining why it is privated) and a new review (with another following) on Butterfly Forest.
And then…SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I just canNOT wait for that horrible, ear-tearing beautiful bell to ring at last (though it will be, I must admit, bittersweet). I already have a to-do list, and since this is my little corner of the net to ramble, I shall lay out my to-do list right here, right now.
- Blog maintenance (as just stated)
- Karoke (because I haven’t used my karoke machine in over a year now 😛 😦 )
- Write a TON of reviews
- Read the thirty-nine books that I’ve kept for years now and that have been patiently waiting on my shelf
- E-mail everyone I meant to e-mail (I’m so, so, so, so, so sorry to everyone who has been e-mailing me, but Hermione someone has been banning me from doing so)
- E-mail my portfolio project to everyone who helped (because, as I have previously stated in other posts, you all ROCK!!!!!!)
- Call all of my friends (and probably end up talking for hours on end) and finish up a video with animeactress (girly, we need to talk!! 😀 )
- After June 30, take a trip to the bookstore to “restock”, and try to figure out how to snag amazing ARCs (and if I don’t like them…well, maybe I will give them away on Goodreads or hold contests over at Butterfly Forest for anyone who wants them, haha)
- Netflix for the whole summer (w00t! w00t! My family and I NEED to finish I Dream of Jeannie!!)
- Figure out how to get to interview authors
- Manage my Goodreads to-read list
- Edit my stories so that they are at least somewhat presentable to all my friends who requested copies of them
- Make my “Portable Mini-Quote Wall” where I include inside jokes, quotes, and conversations from LRRH, Twitter, yearbook, and other random places (I will need your help on this one)
- Figure out more books I want to-read
- Do some amazingly cool picture editing stuff like what Delaney is PRO at
- Add lyrics to my iTunes library (because that would be AMAZING to have the lyrics to some of my songs on my iPod)
- Get back on the treadmill and bike over the weekends, since I am officially not sick anymore
- YEARBOOK CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀
So, as you can see, I will have an amazing summer. As long as these (see below) don’t spoil it.
- SAT Prep camp (which is three times a week, about five hours each session *already feels worn out*)
- Trig/PreCal tutoring
- Driver’s ed
- APUSH summer assignment of five chapters (which, thankfully, I’ve already read, back a few months ago) all HAND-WRITTEN 😮
Hm. I’m quite convinced there was more than that. Oh well. I’d like to think that’s all there is, when there is a whole bunch more fun stuff I will be doing this summer.
But first things first. Finals. Better get back to studying for them now. What finals are you all (or did you all, for those of you whose summer vacation already began, and phoo on you for your summer starting beforehand *is jealous*) take this year? Wish me luck! 😀
P.S. I know I said I would leave, but I just had to do this now. Reviewer X is having this fantastic giveaway of Lisa Mantchev’s debut novel, Eyes Like Stars. She just made a “Pub Story” about Lisa here, but you can enter in the fun here. Good luck! 😀
Just a “Nota Bene” June 7, 2009Posted by bookbutterfly in blogs and blogging, books, friends, survey.
I love Google Reader. But not Blogger so much. And it’s just irritating when the two are combined. So. I just want to let those of you who use Blogger to make sure you guys don’t totally freak out and get ticked off with me just because I happened to be your only follower (or one of your few followers) and all of a sudden I’m not following you.
I stopped using Blogger’s “follower” system for the reason of it combining with Google Reader. Like I said, it’s annoying and irritating. And I just labeled all my blogs (stuff like “Friends’ Blogs”, “Author Blogs”, et cetera), so it’s equally more annoying when not all of your blogs are under “Blogs I’m Following” when, technically, I’m following all of them. I read them all, which is the same as following. But Blogger doesn’t think so.
So now I’m just unfollowing all the blogs Blogger says I’m following. Plus, I lost track of all the blogs I forgot to label as “following” on Blogger. It’s just easier to make things simple. HA.
Another thing: I really, really, really want to subscribe and read more book review blogs. Any suggestions from you guys? Also, if you know of any great Jane Austen blogs, I would love to know about them. Please give me a URL!
Last thing before I wrap up: take the poll below! I really want to know your opinion.
P.S. Remind me to tell you guys about the new swoonable fictional guy I met… 😉